Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate my daughters bottle of TruBiotic probiotics.

Customer Question

Ingredients
LA-5
BB12
(2.0 billion cells)
Will this hurt her?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again Stan,

The chances are this is nothing to worry about however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below.

1. Please don't give this a second thought, these products just contain various bacteria to help promote digestive health in exactly the same way as live yogurt does, so whether the dog ate a little or a lot then it is unlikely to turn into any serious sort of situation although some dogs might perhaps experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea.

2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation. All you need do for now is just to keep an eye on Bohdi but in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if her condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Bohdi is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the probiotic issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Stan,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bohdi. How is everything going?