Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I already sent you the information about Marmalade. I put in

Customer Question

I already sent you the information about Marmalade. I put in my visa and then was logging in and got lost is the shuffle and can't get my screen back.. Do you have the info on Marmalade?OK -- his joints are swollen. He can not get up without a lot of pain. sometimes he can't get up at all so he just lays there. His hips seems to be dislocated and his ankles are swollen. He has a lot of pain.I need to know what to do to get him back to normal. This condition has just recently set in. What do I do and what is wrong with him? Thank you I am trying to attach a video and photo. I already sent in my credit card number etc with the last message about 20 minutes ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Thank you for the photos; I don't see a video. I see the swelling you mentioned but only in one area although you mentioned joints are swollen. His hips may be subluxated (minorly dislocated) if he suffers from hip dysplasia.

Succinctly stated, Marmalade needs the attention of his vet who will carefully palpate (feel) all of the areas you're concerned about and proceed to X-ray joints and bones thought to be involved in Marmalade's disease process. Flexion and extension tests should be performed on all affected joints and swollen joints might be tapped in order to perform joint fluid testing looking for evidence of an infectious or immune-mediated polyarthritis. Treatment will be predicated upon findings in such testing and hopefully will get him back to normal for you.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Marmalade. How is everything going?