Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 13 year old dog has trouble breathing. He was vomiting up

Customer Question

My 13 year old dog has trouble breathing. He was vomiting up his food but now chunks of yellow stuff is just dropping out of his mouth and his breathing is even worse. Had him to the Vet on Friday and they did two tests, bloodwork and an exray. they said older dogs have trouble breathing and other than that he looks fine. But now he's vomits these yellow chunks which is not his food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Deisal
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Deisal?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What did his vet seen on xray? Any blood changes?

What treatments is he on?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count your dog’s breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?