John Clark
John Clark,
Experience:  Owner/Operator/DVM at John Clark
86122103

I took my dog to the vet for its yearly physical about 3

Customer Question

Hi, I took my dog to the vet for its yearly physical about 3 months ago. the only problem was she had some dry rashes on her back which the vet said was due to allergies and should use Benadryl and Neosporin ointment. the rashes seem to be coming in a bigger area now and has the look like a ringworm
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Billie Jean, thank you
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Billie Jean?
Customer: no, she is healthy, got all her shots and no other complaints
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  John Clark replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am the veterinarian. This could be ringworm but may be a bacterial infection that will clear up with antibiotics. In order to determine that you would still need to go to see your vet. There are over the counter products that can help with ringworm but if it ends up being a bacterial infection they will not work.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I get a prescription for cavan ox please?

It is impossible to do that without a client-patient-relationship. You can call your veterinarian and ask them to call in a prescription for amoxicillin to a local pharmacy. That is a relatively cheap if not free medication that may be enough to deal with superficial pyoderrma. However, they may ask to see your dog first to try and differentiate between ringworm and pyoderma.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!

You are welcome. Good luck!