Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a rescue mini dachshund that we believe is 15 years

Customer Question

I have a rescue mini dachshund that we believe is 15 years old. I've noticed her right rear leg seems to fold/roll in on itself causing her to slightly loose balance, but does not fall. She is unsure of her front right leg when leaning on the couch to be picked up. She does not appear to be in any pain. She also has started to go to the wrong corner of the door when she wants to go out. She just stands at the wrong corner of the door and appears lost. Can you help me figure out what may be going on with her please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of her leg rolling as you describe?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at the moment, it happens maybe 4 or 5 times a day
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not wish to talk at this time by phone
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are we still conneted?

Im still here. It takes a few moments for your reply to come through. I feel I will be best able to assist with a video.

This may well indicate a neurological problem which would be best diagnosed by your vet. Has she had any x-rays performed recently on this limb?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would have to follow my dog around for a day with the camera ready to get a video when it happens for that 30 seconds. I don't think this is what I was looking for and I don't wish to continue so I consider me not 100% satisfied and I don't expect to be charged and our conversation has ended thank you

I've contacted customer service for you. Good luck!