Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Panting and pacing 12yr old golden doodle, panting and

Customer Question

panting and pacing 12yr old golden doodle
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: panting and pacing, cant settle down
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: no pain i can find
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: max
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about max?
Customer: never been ill in 12yrs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again John,

Sorry to hear Max is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Hopefully this is something very minor such as an unexplained bout of anxiety, but my worry is that I have seen many older dogs over the years with these sorts of symptoms where the final diagnosis turned out to be some form of heart disease.

2. Given the above the best advice is that is symptoms continue then your should have Max checked over by a vet ASAP, even if this were to turn out to be some kind of heart condition then often it is not the end of the line as there are prescription drugs which can be given which will keep dog's stable with a good quality of life for quite some time. But of course other diagnosis are possible ...

3. In the meantime there is little you can do expect trying to keep Max comfortable and reassured but I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Max's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the panting and pacing ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.