Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Redpittbull,scractching,itching

Customer Question

redpittbull,scractching,itching
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Alford. Thanks for your question. Is your girl on any medications at this time? Where is she scratching? Have any medications been tried yet? Is she licking her feet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no meds.licks feet.scratch reallybad her sister no problem color white.Red chewing skin

Poor girl.

If she is not already on a flea prevention, this should be started simply to remove the risk of this being a flea allergy dermatitis. As you may well know, pitbulls are also prone to seasonal and environmental allergies. I use and recommend Zyrtec for bully breed dogs as it seems to work very well against their symptoms. You can find the dosing info at the following website. Zyrtec is available OTC at your human pharmacy. http://cheyennewest.com/antihistamines-for-dogs-cats/

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will call 20min.28$o.k. Al.

Alford, do you need a phone call? If so, I have put in an offer.

I have also replied above, if you might have missed that.

Checking in, Alford. Were you able to see my reply above? Was it helpful?