Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Came home to see my 24 pound basset/cattle dog had got into

Customer Question

Came home to see my 24 pound basset/cattle dog had got into my pill box and ate 2 celexas, 2 probiotics, and 8 or so other vitamins capsules (D3, Taurine, Selenium) She seemed fine when we came home, we don't know when it happened so we gave her 20ml of hydrogen peroxide 10 min. ago and are waiting for her to throw up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the basset will be able to digest that. What is the basset's name and age?
Customer: 6 years old - Stevie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stevie?
Customer: Sorry - 3 years old
she hasn't vomitted yet - we don't know when she ate them (anytime within 3 hour and 15 min. ago). She is acting fine, but I've heard about liver damage from Vitamin D after a few days...
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has it been a possible 4 hours since she had these?

Did she bring them all back up?

If she didn't how many Vitamin D do you think she has had?

What was the IU dose on the Vitamin D?

What does she weigh?