Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

My dog is on pro Pectalin tablets for diarrhea but continues

Customer Question

My dog is on pro Pectalin tablets for diarrhea but continues to have very loose stool? He has not gotten into anything and is very healthy other than the chocolate pudding like poop?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Winston 7.5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Winston?
Customer: No other than that issue he fine, I took him in to see his vet a week ago but still frustrated by the issue, considered changing his diet
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 7 months ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you. Did your veterinarian run his stool sample to check for parasites? If not, see if you can drop one off to make sure he doesn't need a dewormer.

I would suggest adding in some additional probiotics, such as Align, or cultured plain yogurt on the food.

You can try a bland diet for a few days to see if that resolves the diarrhea. I would do boiled chicken and rice, mixed with a little cottage cheese.

If the diarrhea continues, it may be a sensitivity to his food, and you may consider changing to a limited ingredient grain free diet.

Let me know if I can help further!

Dr. Snow

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sarah Snow