Dr.  Levinson
Dr. Levinson, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  17 years of experience in small animal medicine

My dog 10months old, sorry sent before I finished typing. He

My dog 10months old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: sorry sent before I finished typing. He has eaten 600mg gabapentine and weighs about 7.2 kg. I have given him water , is there anything else I can do
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buddy?
Customer: No he is otherwise fit and well but eats whatever he can

Hi there this is Dr. L and i'll try to help you out this afternoon. when did he eat the pills?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
About Anhour and half ago

If he just ate them with in the last 2 hours you can get him to vomit with 3% hydrogen peroxide. about .5ml/# so what is that? I'd start with 2 tbs and see what he does. If nothing give him some more

hang on a second i'm trying to look something up

that is ALOT for a little guy!!!!! you need to get that out of his system NOW! I'd see if you can get a hold of any activated charcoal as well perhaps from the local pharmacy? He'd get about 75ml of that after he puked up the pills. The charcoal will inactivate the gabapentin. it will also make his stools black so look for that.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any other way to get him to be sick? It's midnight here so limited options

in most cases this will cause drowsiness, nausea, fast hear rate, low blood pressure so he may start walking around drunk and in severe cases tremors or seizures. however, most cases will resolve with in 10-12 hours. how'z he acting right now?

you can always call your local animal poison control for further information or your local veterinary ER vet. They may want you to come in or may just have some advise over the phone. Unfortunately I'm not set up to make phone calls.

how is he doing? If he's fine i'd try to get him to puke

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He's quiet in hisbed but alert - thank you I see baking soda is a way to make him sick should I try that?

you can give him up to 3tbs hydrogen peroxide to get him to puke

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don't have any unfortunately

no plese don't give him baking soda as this can change his over all body pH and cause MoRE problems!!!!

is there any convenient stores near by that you can pick some peroxide up from????

a neighbor or friend?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No unfortunately not maybe I just need to go to mergency vet

If he's just quiet but alert he may just be "stoned"

I would if you could go to the ER vet only because he's a little guy and that's a big dose. it's better to be safe than sorry.

I hope I've helped some what?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thank you very much for your advice

could you please rate me. you'll have to tell me what the ER vets say.