Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

7 year old i6 lb mixed dog showing a slight front limp, No

Customer Question

7 year old i6 lb mixed dog showing a slight front limp
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wound
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Iggy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Iggy?
Customer: I was thinking of giving him Ultimate Canine again. Also he has been piddling in the house occasionally.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Providing there is no wound on the foot, in smaller dogs this could be due to elbow displaysia, a problem in the discs of the neck or if you have any ticks in your area that carry lyme disease that could be a problem, It would be very difficult to say without getting a physical exam or blood tests for a tick borne illness.

If this came on after the dog jumped off of something it could be a soft tissue injury which requires rest to heal.

If he is going potty in the home and this is unusual for him then you may be looking at a UTI or stones. A simple urine test will give you an answer to that.