Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

My boxer woke us up screaming and lost mobility of her front

My boxer woke us up screaming and lost mobility of her front legs for two days. Shes eating and drinking ok but is now weak in her front legs. Heartattack? Heart worms? Seizure?

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your boxer. I am glad it sounds like she is improving, but I would strongly recommend a visit to your vet's off ice for her. The most common cause of the symptoms you are describing would be a herniated intervertebral disk compressing the spinal cord. This can cause pain (particularly if it occurs in the neck, which is very mobile), paralysis, or weakness of the legs. Treatment depends on the severity of the disease and can range from medical management with pain relievers/muscle relaxers/anti inflammatories and cage rest, up to surgical removal of the disk material causing the problem.

Without examining your dog I cannot tell you if this is the problem, but it would be at the top of my list based on your description, and your dog could certainly benefit from treatment if this is the cause.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you I will do that

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question.

Thank you and best of luck to you and your boxer!