Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian working with man's best friend. Have worked with pets, hunting and herding dogs, hounds, and breeders.

My pregnant dog has blood in her urine Is there something I

Customer Question

My pregnant dog has blood in her urine Is there something I can buy at Petsmart or Petco treat it? I don't have the money to take her to the vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about your dog's troubles. Blood in the urine is usually indicative of a urinary tract infection. These are best treated with antibiotics, however, there are some over-the-counter products that have some benefit. The product I have used most often is Only Natural Pet Tract-Ease or Only Natural Pet Urinary Tract . These are good because they contain natural antiinflammatory agents and some antimicrobial products. Both can be found at pet stores or

Some other products are NaturVet Cranberry Relief or Cranberry Urinary Support.

It is also important to provide plenty of fresh water and you can encourage drinking by adding a little apple juice or low sodium chicken broth to the water.

If the blood doesn't clear with the above treatments or if it gets worse, it would be time to see a vet.

I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!