Dr:D, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  27 years of small animal medicine and surgery experience.Licensed in Florida and Canada

Is it normal for a three month old pup to hunch on a male

Is it normal for a three month old pup to hunch on a male owner?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: I am not sure it licks and hunches all over my husband
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: it does not hurt it acts like it wants to have sex
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bitz it is a girl pup and this behavior is odd to me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no

Hello , Welcome to the Just Answer,

I am DrD , ı will answer to your question.

Canine mounting behavior including in puppies may be caused by Anxiety/Arousal . Anxiety or arousal is probably the main reason pet dogs engage in mounting behavior, especially if the dog is mounting objects or people. Mounting is a form of displacement behavior, that is, a behavior that occurs out of context in response to an internal emotional conflict. There can also be an attention-seeking component to the mounting behavior or mounting can be an anxiety response to punishment. Some mounting behaviors are sexual in nature, as male dogs and bitches (both neutered and intact) can continue to engage in sexual behaviors.When mounting activities are repetitive, they can develop into compulsive behavior; the behavior has changed from a response based on stimuli to one performed throughout the day at the exclusion of other behaviors. In addition to a diminished quality of life, the dog can develop secondary physical problems to be addressed, such as rubbing-associated dermatitis or exacerbation of preexisting musculoskeletal problems. Please visit your veterinarian to discuss this problem before this becomes a repetitive habit . I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions. thank you

Let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?