Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

9 year old standard poodle is having trouble with back legs.

Customer Question

9 year old standard poodle is having trouble with back legs. Not eating well ( fed him by hand this morning and not eating tonight at all),tried to walk tonight and laid down after 1/2 block. Eats Wellness brand deboned chicken and oatmeal. Also has been taking a supplement Missing Link for about 2 months. Very lethargic and just laying around all day even when the grandchildren come over. I have been gone for 2 weeks and home yesterday and found Max in this condition. Can't jump in the backseat and when laying down is very careful and kind of collapses the last couple of inches. Any ideas and can I wait until tomorrow to see a vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- I am a bit confused, has he been having problems with the back legs for 2 months or the last 2 days?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Any other symptoms?