Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

How how many times does a dog have to get in locked with

How how many times does a dog have to get in locked with another dog to be pregnant

Typically a pet only has to lock once. The main issue is the timing, because each pet is more fertile at different times in the cycle. Your vet can perform an LH surge test to determine when your pet is most fertile for implantation.

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so i think my baby is going to have a baby this us a happy time for me if she is the puppy should be here on 10/29 that is 62 day

Another factor is sperm quality. Which is a bit harder to determine. Mother nature plays a major role and not everything can be controlled when trying to get pets impregnated. Sometimes people resort to artificial insemination if they are having difficulty.

Oh how exciting! I wish you the best. Is this your first pregnant dog?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If i dont have a puppy on 10/29 should i take her in and have her cheched by the Vet

I don't see a reason to unless she is acting ill or abnormal?

You will just have to wait until the next mentrual cycle to try again. You can try and time it to get her hormones tested and determine the best time to try for implantation as I mentioned earlier.

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you and yes this us her first time i am excited

You are very welcome. Congrats. Here is some info on dealing with a pregnant pet.

Has she gained weight? Swollen belly?

Also have you had x-rays done to confirm any puppies?

* If you have no further questions or concerns, then please don't forget to leave me a rating for the service I have provided today for you and your pet. Thank you so much for your feedback and have a wonderful rest of your day!*

Best regards,

Dr. H