PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

She is walking around and back and fourth and yelp out every

Customer Question

She is walking around and back and fourth and yelp out every now and then
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shanley and she is turning 3 end this mouth
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Shanley?
Customer: Not that I know of...when she heard the trash truck outside she ran to door and started barking acting like herself so not sure what going on
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What breed of dog is she?
2) Still eating and drinking well?
3) Does her gait seem stiff?
4) Any history of illness or injury?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
still eating and drinking
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
a little
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It's very common for smaller breed dogs to occasionally suffer neck/back spasms and adrenaline can certainly play a role in a dog going from intermittently tender to chasing after a trash truck. These types of shooting pains can come and go. It would be wise to have her examined to determine if this is, indeed, the cause or if something else entirely might be causing her tenderness.

Failing this, she should be rested as much as possible and she should be prevented from jumping onto or off of elevated surfaces like furniture, the porch, etc.

Although I would recommend a vet visit before such measures, in a pinch we can give aspirin for discomfort. You'll find that info here:

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She is 7.5 pounds all I have are human asprain can I half or should I just buy children?

She can take 1/2 of an 81mg "low dose" aspirin. She is way too small for half of a 325mg adult aspirin.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank u so much for your advice

Sure thing. Good luck!