Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My mini schnauzer is 11 years old and over the years has ate

Customer Question

My mini schnauzer is 11 years old and over the years has ate extreme amounts of human food, he has ate multiple chocolate bars, sweets etc especially when no one is around. His body shakes when he is asleep and now wants to sleep most of the time. He has pink pigmentation on the left side of gum around his teeth the rest of his gums are black
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: His name is Benji. The last episode of eating chocolate was 3 months ago he has also eaten the sweet wrappers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Benji?
Customer: He had an operation approx 6 years ago to remove a very large cyst on the right side of his body just at the top of his right leg and just below his neck. I have noticed small lumps over various parts of his body not visible to the eye but you can feel them when petting he has them on his back legs an on his back and his neck approx 5 or 6
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I should also have said he can no longer hear this follows the last episode of chocolate eating
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am sorry for the delay in response. It seems no experts were available when you posted the question. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- I am a bit confused about your question, are you asking about the shaking/sleeping and the chocolate ingestion?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.