Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Well she has been acting jittery and she has started chewing

Customer Question

Well she has been acting jittery and she has started chewing her fur off. I checked for fleas...none
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly is almost 9 yrs Part China and Boston terrier
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: Chihuahua
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Where on her body is she chewing her fur?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, sores,ulcers, dander, crusting, etc)?

When did you last treat for fleas and what product did you use?

Any diet change in the months before this started?

Any changes to her breathing or does she seem sore anywhere (ie around her rectum, back, legs, etc)?