Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Omg. She just ate 135 dasoquins!! She is a 65# sine/shepherd

Customer Question

Omg. She just ate 135 dasoquins!! She is a 65# ***** mix. She got into then when I ran into the store. Got into the cabinet and pulled stuff out until she got to then. 135 of them at once!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Maggie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maggie?
Customer: She's 10 years old. I got them for her arthritis. I had them in the cabinet but she got them. She seems ok and it's only been a half hour or so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. If this is likely to have occurred within the last hour then you may want to induce vomiting to recover the Dasuquin just as a precaution. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best. : LINK

2. But the good news is that Glucosamine and the other ingredients of Dasuquin are more of a food supplement than a drug and as such have a very high margin of safety in the dog , in my experience even if you do not induce vomiting then all you would be likely to see in your dog's situation { If anything } would be a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea and that long term effects would be very unusual indeed.

3. In any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the unlikely event that any serious symptoms occur or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Maggie is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the dasoquin issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?