Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

My dog was in the vet on the 10th or october because she was

my dog was in the vet on the 10th or october because she was dehydrated and they gave me progut plus oral paste, the medication was finished a couple days ago. and shes showing the same symptoms of dizziness, wobbly when she walks, her head bobs up and down when shes awake. and she was sleeping a lot. today she was playing with my other dog and she seemed fine, they were running around and all of a sudden her energy drops and now with the dizziness and wanting to sleep, i witnessed her peeing herself. shes a 3 month old ***** ***** terrier. we got her 1.5 weeks ago. i've been trying to give her water but i cant afford $2000 in vet bills again from the first visit. she also sticks her tongue out while she sleeps and her gums are still pink and the pads of her paws are slightly pink
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about russell?
Customer: no not really

The pink paw pads is normal and just means that she does not have pigment there so you are able to see the pink coloring. That is not worrisome, nor is the pink color of her tongue and gums. tThese are all normal things.

Is she worse after eating? Does she get better during the day, then worse again when she has eaten? Did your vet check her liver blues to see if they were normal?

Is there anything in the house that she could have gotten into- medications the may have been dropped, toxins, poisons, etc?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the vet did blood work on her and everything was normal. shes been getting into our dogs adult food and i have a feeling its that because she'll have energy after she eats the puppy food and she'll try to get a hold of my older dogs food and she does when were not looking and all of the sudden after running around in circles she'll crash, and she'll crash hard. she seems to have more energy now after i gave her sugar water, i've tried giving her her dry food and shes not eating so i'm waiting for my boyfriend to get wer food and see if she'll eat that

She may be having episodes of low blow sugar. I recommend feeding her small meals frequently (split her normal feedings into 4 or 5 means throughout the day so that she is eating about every 3-4 hours but not a regular sized meal) and seeing if this helps. Most puppies will grow out of this as soon as they are mature and able to store adequate glycogen that can be turned into glucose by the liver and muscle cells.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
okay i will try that, i put some honey on the roof of her mouth and shes more responsive to that.

Make sure she eats, though. Continuing to give her honey or sugar water is not a long term solution as this will only cause insulin release which will drive her glucose even lower. You can do honey in the short term but she ultimately needs to eat to provide her body with nutrition that it needs to continue making glucose.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
yeah i will feed her

Let me know if you have additional questions. If you are happy with my services, please don't forget to rate me as I am not compensated for my time otherwise.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
shes doing amazing