Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog ate a foreign object we think it was a part of a hard

Customer Question

My dog ate a foreign object we think it was a part of a hard plastic light up toy. He's lethargic and laying around. He eats small amounts out of someone's hand. He has some slightly labored breathing the vet can't see him until tomorrow at 9:30 any suggestions
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shaggy he's 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shaggy?
Customer: I think that's all
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Krista Kline replied 10 days ago.

Hi I am Dr. Kline and I hope I can help you and Shaggy today. Would you mind answering a few more questions regarding Shaggy?

How long ago did Shaggy eat the foreign object? What type of dog is Shaggy and how much does he weigh? Has he had any vomiting or diarrhea since ingesting the foreign object? It sounds like he might be painful from what you described with him laying around and labored breathing.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I actually found an urgent care and am taking him to it now