jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.

Swollen paw (one side only) and no cuts, or abrasions. Oddly

Customer Question

Swollen paw (one side only) and no cuts, or abrasions. Oddly enough it went down to normal by the time I got off the phone with the Vet trying to make an appt.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: not at all a tea cup yorkie
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Penny, 6 lbs, 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Penny?
Customer: no - fine otherwise
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 7 days ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It sounds like she may have gotten stung or had an insect bite. These will frequently cause a mild allergic reaction of swelling around the site of the sting or bite. Usually in a case like that the swelling will resolve on its own but sometimes it will take some time for it to go down. Benadryl at a dosage of 1-2mg per pound will help reduce swelling and avoid additional allergy symptoms. Read more on insect stings here:

This is the most likely cause for the swelling.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 4 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?