Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have 4 dogs that need yearly vaccines

Customer Question

I have 4 dogs that need yearly vaccines bortello,parvo,canine flue, and heart worm meds. My bother in Law wants to use over the counter worm meds and I don't feel comfortable with that. We are trying to save obviously. Please your advice!?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: effectiveness and side effects, cost.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Precious 3yrs Petra 2yrs Poncita 2yrs Poncho 5years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Precious?
Customer: Wellness Shots and worm meds were used on all dogs from a puppy. They are These four are around 2 other dogs I fear have not had anything other than rabbies shots. I have noticed Precious and Ponchita rubbing but on the ground. I think it's the other dogs mentioned has slimmey stool.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 month ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about which routine preventive health care needs can be met over-the-counter.
I'm so glad you're looking for the information you need. Everyone needs to cover pet care expenses wisely, and a poor choice can actually result in more expenses later, especially when you sacrifice safety and efficacy. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.
I will take several minutes to type in my answer to your question. Please be patient...