Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have noticed in the last couple of days that my dog seems

Customer Question

I have noticed in the last couple of days that my dog seems quieter than usual, not eager to eat her food (will eat if I feed her), does drink water but again sluggish about it. When I ask if she wants to go outside she just lays and looks at me I have to coax her. She gets an annual visit and had blood work recently to determine if she was subject to any diseases that older dogs could get. It came back fine. She is 8 years old. She is a golden doodle. She eats Royal Canin dry dog food. She is not over weight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jenna
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jenna?
Customer: I give her a Revolution every month, she is due to get it on the 20th. At the end of September (30th) she ate 3 butter tarts I made which had raisins. Based on what I read withing 72 hours I would have seen the side affects which she exhibited none. There has been no other issues since. She has a wireless collar on her so she does not roam too far when she is outside. We live in the country and our neighbours are not close by and would not hurt her if they did.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Has she had any dental discomfort while eating?

Any changes to her water intake, her urinary volume, or breathing?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No to the above. I would have to feel her belly when i get home after work. I would also have to check her gums. Not sure about water intake and urinary as she drinks whenever and is not on leash when she goes outside. I noticed her nose was dry and warm and inside her ears are warm. For a short period of time yesterday afternnon her nose turned cold and wet but her ears were still warmish. Last night she was back to warm dry nose and ears very warm.