Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

His face and eye are swollen and he wont open his eye and

Customer Question

His face and eye are swollen and he wont open his eye and there is blood in the corner of his eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rowdy, one year
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rowdy?
Customer: Other than he's not panting crying and I gave hima pill for his immune system and he took it wothout any problem
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have those awful bug black ants in my yard. I was just feeling around in his swollen mouth and I found a dead one at the far back of his teeth
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he been like this?

Any issues breathing?

What pill did you give?

Any sign of a snake bite?

Can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.