Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

On Wed morn my dog stomach was making a brawling noise and

Customer Question

On Wed morn my dog stomach was making a brawling noise and she would not eat and she had diaherra when I called my vet and she recommended tha t could give her 05 mg of pepacid . I came home from work and noticed she had some bright red spots of blood with her diaherra . She ate and had the 05 mg of pepacid no more diaherra and no more blood. Thurs day very small amount of stool pepacid still given. Friday pepacid still given and small amount of stool . No pepacid given on Saturday . My dog is eating well and drinking well but has not produced any stool for 2 days now and is going on the 3rd . I have noticed that she has a few drops . We went out of town and she went with us . Should I panic
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about your dog. What is her name? How old is she? Is she posturing to go and straining? Again, she is eating and drinking very well at this time?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Name is ***** ***** is 10 years old no she is not posturing nor straining yes eating and drinking well
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for answering those questions about Cinny. In a situation like this, it wouldn't seem to be a panic situation. She is not vomiting. She is eating and drinking well. More than likely she needs some more time to have normal stools start to build up and pass. IN situations where a dog has had diarrhea, when things start to get better with the colonic environment (normal stools forming), they actually don't have stools for a few days as the fecal material is building up and waiting to pass. AS long as she's eating and drinking well, I wouldn't feel that the situation is one that needs anything more than time.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 days ago.

No problem. I'm hoping things go well!