Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Vomiting, She's a two year old golden doodle. Weighs 74#.

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She's a two year old golden doodle. Weighs 74#. All shots up to date. Vomited 4 times today. Not into anything we know of.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sophie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: She's a Service Dog We are getting on a plane
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have Zofran 8mg for me. Can she have some
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I also have Phenergan 25 MG.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that your sweet Sophie has a digestive disturbance caused by either something odd she may have ingested or stress of some form which could be the trip. The best treatment is as follows:

Fast Sophie for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting has resolved, then wean Sophie back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take your sweet girl to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction.

Pepcid AC is better than Zophran but this can be used at 0.5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Do not get on a plane until you are sure that Sophie is feeling better.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We just got off the plane. I will get some Pepcid AC for her
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 days ago.

Good for you! I hope Sophie is feeling better...