Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

He just ate one of the lenses from my glasses. He is a 28lb

Customer Question

He just ate one of the lenses from my glasses. He is a 28lb mix breed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ramses
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ramses?
Customer: He is a year and a half old and has a tendency to eat strange things. He does have a very strong stomach and normally passes everything. I am worried about the sharp edges of the lense because he broke the lense before he swallowed it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If the lens is broken and is glass , Ramses could have problems with this. It will not help to induce vomiting since coming up, this could perforate the esophagus. I would not want to chance this lens to pass through Ramses intestinal tract without damaging it which could be very serious. My recommendation is to take Ramses directly to the Emergency Clinic so this can be removed safely without seriously harming your sweet Ramses.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's what I was thinking. Thank you for your help!

You are very welcome! I wish I could give you some better advice but my fear is that anything that I might recommend could possibly cause even more damage....Poor Ramses swallowed the wrong thing this time.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta