Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Something is sticking out of my 5 week old puppies that

Customer Question

Something is sticking out of my 5 week old puppies butt that resembles a hemmoroid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: No name
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: No,other than he's from a litter of four and it was an accident
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most often, this is a prolapse of the rectum usually from loose stool and will not harm your puppy is it is small. Put on a glove and push this back in...if, after time, it continues to protrude from this puppies anus, take your little guy to yoiur vet so they can sew this back up to form adhesions that will keep it in place. In most situations, pushing this back in 4-6 times per day is enough to hold the prolapse back where it should be.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta