Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 3 yr old Golden Retriever appears to have a red bite or

Customer Question

My 3 yr old Golden Retriever appears to have a red bite or hive on her stomach, and her stomach appears to be spasming a few times per minute
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I gave her a Benedryl liquid-gel less than an hour ago, with some peanut butter - the stomach spasms started after (as far as we know)
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Her name is Gracie
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I also rubbed some Cortizone (1%) cream on her stomach an hour ago to relieve the itching - she has been uncomfortable and biting at her tail and stomach increasingly for the last 6 hours.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has this been present?

What dose of Benadryl did you give?

What is her weight?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nevermind, we went to a 24 hour vet.
Thanks anyway.