Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has just been very lethargic and wouldn't move much at

Customer Question

She has just been very lethargic and wouldn't move much at all last night. Slight improvement this morning but still refusing to eat. She is drinking water and has been urinating. She seems to also have difficulty with jumping onto the couch and into the car.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Flash and she is 7-8. Shelter dog, most likely a mix of beagle and Bassett. Are there any symptoms we need to watch for that would require immediate treatment? We will take her to our vet Monday if she has not improved.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Flash?
Customer: When I tried to move her yesterday she would yip as if in pain but did not notice that today. She also seems to have issues with depth perception. Won't jump up on the couch, car and went down the stairs extremely slowly. She doesn't yip or really react at all when I tried to feel for anything like a cut or something.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She allows us near and seems to want to be near us but with none of her usual energy.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any chance of a fall or trauma?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Where were you pressing when she cried (ie belly, back, hips, etc)?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?