Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dogs left inner ear skin Is red and dry plus a lot of

My dogs left inner ear skin Is red and dry plus a lot of extra ear wax.some blackish

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is he scratching the ear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He shakes he's head when I rub it hard but don't yelp like ear mites.past 3 months.plus he's been get red bumps on his under side.there not really bothering him.for about the same time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't afford it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No he's not scathing he's ear

I am a bit confused, is it the skin in the inner aspect of the pinnae (floppy part) or inside the canal?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dry floppy part .

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, it sounds like he may have a skin infection in the inner skin of the pinnae. This is what you can do:

1- Wash the skin with an antibacterial soap. Then, apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

2- To clean the external canal, mix in a cup 1/3 of white vinegar with 2/3 warm water; use this as an ear cleaning solution with cotton to remove all of the ear wax.

3- As far as the bumps on the skin, in a puppy, common causes are insect bites, infections, allergic dermatitis, etc. I would bath him with chlorhexiderm shampoo 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks. You can buy chlorhexiderm in your local pet store, online, etc.

4- If no improvement after doing the above follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination. If cost is a concerned look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks man appreciate it

You're welcome. :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One thing .how do put the vine water solution in he's ear .pour some or dip the cotton swab

You can pour it into the ear canal and then clean out with cotton balls. Do not put swabs deep into the canal, best to use cotton balls. Or, you can get the cotton wet to clean out the wax.

Hi Jason,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jason Mcgraw. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter