Dr. Karing
Dr. Karing, Veterinarian
Experience:  General veterinarian with a special interest in internal medicine and emphasis on individualized care.
24928096

Possible Heartgard overdose. Not sure. USP delivered my

Customer Question

Possible Heartgard overdose. Not sure. USP delivered my supply of heartgard while I was gone. When I returned the box was on the driveway and torn open. 3 doses were missing. What should I look for in my dog?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: Possible Heartgard overdose. Not sure. USP delivered my supply of heartgard while I was gone. When I returned the box was on the driveway and torn open. 3 doses were missing. What should I look for in my dog?
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He seems fine but is there something I should be watching for?
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: No he seems fine. Are there symptoms I should watch for?
JA: Is your dog eating normally?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: Not that I have noticed
JA: How is your dog behaving differently?
Customer: Seems normal
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Enzo, 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Enzo?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

I'mCustomerand I would be glad to help with your question. You should expect no problems whatsoever if your dog age less than 1000 mcg per kilogram of body weight. You don't say how much your dog weighs; however, let's evaluate the worse case scenario. The largest size of Heartgard contains 272 mcg and 3 of those would be 816 mcg which would only be a toxic dose if your dog weighed less than 1.8 pounds. I'm standing by in case you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok Thank you

You're welcome!! Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if you have more questions or would like additional information. It ismy goal to provide you with the most complete information possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.

Have a great weekend,

Customer/p>

Hi there,

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please do give me a positive rating and accept my response as this is the only means by which I am compensated for my work.

Thanks so much,

Customerbr />