Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 1 year old English Lab bit my 6 1/2 year old American lab

Customer Question

Hi my 1 year old English Lab bit my 6 1/2 year old American lab in the face during rough play /flight over a bone. The cut is not bleeding but is about a 1 inch gash. I cleaned with water and put neosporn on it. Are stitches the best action?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H and I am a licensed veterinarian.

Sorry to hear that your pet Marley has a wound caused by your other pet. Let me have a look at the wounds to determine if stitches are needed. It is very hard to see wounds without hair around it so it is best you try to clip or shave the area first before attempting to take a photo.

There should be an icon just above the chat box area that allows you to share pics. It may be labeled "Add photo" or "Add file".

I will await your reply.

- Dr. H

I see you had a chance to review my reply. I have waited a bit for your picture of the wound. Are you having any problems that I could potentially help you with?