Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

11lb dog just ate 50mg of diclofanac, Missy, 11 months, Nope

Customer Question

11lb dog just ate 50mg of diclofanac
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Missy, 11 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?
Customer: Nope she is very healthy, pug x griffon
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Diclofenac isn't prescribed to dogs due to its adverse effects in that species - vomiting, diarrhea, hematochezia (bleeding from the large intestine), melena (bleeding from the small intestine), and increased thirst. It's important to induce emesis in Missy with one measuring tablespoon (15mL) of 3% hydrogen peroxide administered with a small poultry baster placed between her cheek teeth and cheek. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.