Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Macy Is a 15 year old terrier, about 2 months ago had an

Customer Question

Macy Is a 15 year old ***** ***** terrier, about 2 months ago had an episode of diarrhea and vomiting for 2 days and did not eat, slowly restarted eating but not much, appetite improved then periodically would not eat foe a day or 2, still drinking water, continually losing weight, and becoming weaker. she has no energy, stopped taking walks , just wants to lie in her bed or beside me. she still moved bowels in a normal, and voids normal, yesterday was another day she did not eat. she looks like a skeleton with fur. she just walks away from her food and I have tried everything to get her to eat more.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Russell?
Customer: Macy is her name, she is a ***** ***** terrier.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 13 days ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

have you taken Macy to the vet recently for this?

what have you tried to entice her to eat?

any vomiting or diarrhea recently?

is she still drinking normal?

any current meds or illness?