Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate, probably about a tsp of acephate cockroach

Customer Question

Hi there, my dog ate, probably about a tsp of acephate cockroach poison about five minutes ago, what should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: Yes, it was cockroack poison that I had just thrown around the drain outside
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Yes, she recently had a vaccination injection on the top of her neck, and this seems to have developed a bump, should I be concerned?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How much does your dog weigh?

How is she just now?

Is the bump sore or fluidy when you press on it?