Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog go t into the stain I was staining my deck how do o I

Customer Question

My dog go t into the stain I was staining my deck how do o I get it off her coat?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Silvia, the safest - if not messiest - manner in which to remove the stain is to soak the affected areas in heavy duty mineral oil (not mineral spirits) and then wipe the stain that has become miscible with the oil away. Heavy duty mineral oil is baby oil without the perfume. Once as much stain has been wiped away as possible, a detergent soap such as a non-insecticidal dog shampoo or Dawn dishwashing soap will remove the remaining oil. It might take a few baths!

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.have a good day

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.