Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She has a lot of blister like bumps on her nose and when

Customer Question

She has a lot of blister like bumps on her nose and when they pop they are row looking and clear liquid comes out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sara?
Customer: No. other than that she is fine. The blisters don't seem to bother her in any way.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I mean they aren't itchy and don't appear to be cause if her pain.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 13 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you upload a photo(s) of her nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. There are quite a few skin disorders that manifest on the nose.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will try to send the photo.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to review them.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This one is better

This is most indicative of a nasal pyoderma - a facial bacterial skin infection that may occur secondary to trauma or insect bites. It appears as papules, pustules, erythema (reddening), alopecia, crusting, swelling, erosions, or ulcerative fistulae (which are what you've described) that develop over the bridge of the nose. Lesions may be painful. Treatment consists of the following:

1. Gentle, topical, warm water soaks with a chlorhexidine-containing shampoo should be used every 24 hours for 7-10 days to remove crusts.

2. Systemic antibiotics should be administered for a minimum of 3-4 weeks and continued 2 weeks beyond complete clinical resolution.

The prognosis is good but scarring may be a permanent sequela in some dogs. The shampoo and antibiot is available through Sara's vet. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much.

You're quite welcome. What a face! I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had her to the vet today. They took a culture of the fluid inside the blisters and there was no white blood cells at all just bacteria. They put her on a heavy antibiotic for 2 weeks with an antibacterial soap and cream to use as well. I have a follow up in two weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for the update. Sara should do nicely.