Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

She started to be a bit lethargic a week ago. Now her

Customer Question

She started to be a bit lethargic a week ago. Now her eyelids flicker and then she gets wobbly. she has stopped running around and walks slowly.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her temp is normal, no urine infection and blood test showed nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: she has had ear infections in the past
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi your site wouldnt allow the full phone number it is 0044(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Name is ***** ***** is 9 she has always been fit and strong
Expert:  Lisa replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 13 days ago.

What kind of dog is Tilly?

Is her head tilted at all?

Does she sort of stumble?

Is she still eating?

If you hold her head still, do her eyes still flicker?

When she has these issues, does she seem dazed or confused?

Any other new behaviors?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Labrador. Some of the time she can walk around fine. Then for say a second her eyelids seem to flicker and she can lose her back end to one side. She is generally keener to lie down and has to be coaxed outside. However since this morning she has had some antibiotics and now wants to walk around more. She occasionally shakes her head which she has done in the past with an ear infection. I don't think her head is on one side. When she has the worst episode her face and lower eyelid look droopy. She still wants food and catch food thrown to her. With a still head her eyes don't flicker. I did notice one eyeball seemed to be not following the other at first but now they are ok
Expert:  Lisa replied 13 days ago.

Okay...great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Since the antibiotics are helping, I strongly suspect that she may have had an inner ear infection which was impacting the nerves in her head/face.

As long as she continues to improve, I'd just keep an eye on her. When the inner ear is inflammed through trauma or infection, it can cause the nerves in the face to be affected as well, so it's not unusual to see these kinds of symptoms.

Hopefully the anitbiotics will continue to do their job and she'll be feeling better in just a couple days.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 11 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?