Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Yawning constantly, stretching, sleeping all the time, and

Customer Question

yawning constantly, stretching, sleeping all the time, and paw licking
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Milo age 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milo?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Milo is 5 years old and his breed is talhtan bear dog, He recently was at the vet and put on meds, when i rescued him he had a skin infection on his hump by his tail, infested with fleas, and ear mites. He was put on Aurizon 10ml for ten days, cephalexin 250 mg, and vanectyl P. He also got a flea treatment as well. He is done his meds, and he is sleeping approx 20 hours a day, hes always laying down, and when hes awake hes constantly yawning and licking his lips, and paws. hes peeing and pooping normal, but he just doesnt seem like himself. And hes gotten aggressive towards other people dogs, and motorcycles. His past he has experienced a lot of trauma .
Expert:  Sally G. replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

When did the aggression start to people and dogs? How long had you had him at the time this started?

Have you have blood tests done to specifically check the thyroid?

Is he liking the paws all the time? When did it start?

Have you had him checked for seizure activity?