Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

She is pregnant and started vomiting last night I took her

Customer Question

She is pregnant and started vomiting last night I took her to the vet and he said she has gastrointestis (sp) now she is having explosive blood diarrhea and salvaging drool she is a Pomeranian and is at day 50
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She had a ceaser dog food yesterday
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She is laying around lethargic and her eyes look off like she is in pain I took her temp it was 99.6
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 13 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. I would take her to a local emergency clinic tonight because it does not sound like she is stable and the babies are at risk if she becomes dehydrated, develops a low blood sugar or has an overwhelming infection. They should be able to assess the puppies and help Bella feel better too. Feel free to ask followup questions.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 10 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill