Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My Chihuahua just ate a cozaar 50 mg pill what should I do?

Customer Question

my Chihuahua just ate a cozaar 50 mg pill what should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your Chihuahua will be able to digest that. What is the Chihuahua's name and age?
Customer: Buddy 1 1/2 yrs weighs 9 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 12 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. If he just ingested this, I want you to give a tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting. This can be repeated in 10 minutes if there is no vomiting. If you don't have hydrogen peroxide, let me know. If you do have it, do this now, and I will be right back with you.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 12 days ago.

Were you able to get him to vomit up the pill?

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 days ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Buddy is doing and to see if you have any other questions.