Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has been quieter than usual for the past few weeks. I

Customer Question

My dog has been quieter than usual for the past few weeks. I recently took her to the vet and she discovered that my dog was feverish, so they put her on an antibiotic twice daily for 14 days. She had vomited the morning before I took her in, but there has been no further vomiting since. Her appetite is okay and she is drinking water. Stools are a little soft, but not runny. No problems with urination as far as I can tell.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She has eaten food that is on the ground when I've taken her out for walks. Usually it's pieces of bread.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nina.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nina?
Customer: My vet did a blood test on her to check for lyme disease because my husband thought she may have been exposed. It was negative. Nina was also checked for any joint pain and there wasn't any evidence of that. I haven't noticed any panting, drooling or shaking.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 days ago.

Hello & welcome. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she vomited since she has been on treatment?

How long has she been on the antibiotic? Which one?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Sticky or moist?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tensing or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie plants, toxins, toys, bones, medications, etc)?

Has her temperature been rechecked since treatment was started?

Since you have only provided a history and no questions about Nina, can you tell me what type of information you are looking for specifically?