Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

She ate a non toxic gel ice pack, Yes, No

Customer Question

She ate a non toxic gel ice pack
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. This is a very short reply I know but I have dealt with just this situation quite a few times, these products are non toxic to both humans and dogs so there is no cause for concern, all you need do is to monitor your dog for present just in case.

2. The ice packs which are toxic to dogs are the ones which contain Ethylene Glycol. { Double check this just to be safe }

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the ice pack incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?