Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a 100 lb pit and his back legs give out on him n he

Customer Question

I have a 100 lb pit bull and his back legs give out on him n he falls n it's like he drags his back legs why would that be. I noticed it got worse when the weather started getting colder. What can I do for him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He has no wounds whatsoever we took him in last year about January n we were told he has some nerve damage n slightly tested positive for lymes. I don't know what to do for him
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Husain n he is 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about n?
Customer: No he's pretty active but his legs keep getting weaker n he's like my baby
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog.

Does it seem to be both legs that are affected?

Did your vet do an x-ray when he had the original problem? Did they prescribe anything to treat him? Did he improve at all?