Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a 9 year old Great Dane and yesterday he stopped

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old Great Dane and yesterday he stopped eating and only drank water but he puked all the water he drank. He is not eating today and is still drinking water. We have a fountain in the back yard that he insist on drinking from so I turned it off in case he has gottten a virus from that. what should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is DRB and I will be happy to help you with this.... so lack of appetite is a non specific sign of disease......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

More to come.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Since lack of appetite is a non specific sign of disease it is always important to have an exam and also a CBC with complete metabolic profile along with a heartworm test to try and get at root of problem.....it is very important to note that a 9 year old Great Dane is very much a senior therefore you are going to want to see a vet , have an exam, do the mentioned bloodwork and also will most likley need xrays of chest and abdomen. The big thing that needs to be ruled out is cancer.......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I am standing by for questions.......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

please let me know if you have any questions......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have......please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely,DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back with you to see if you have any additional questions or concerns. I check my computer every night so if you need additional help, I am happy to help. Sincerely, DRB