Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Newborn Bouvier puppies had no milk puppies now 2 weeks old

Customer Question

Newborn Bouvier puppies bitch had no milk puppies now 2 weeks old and mom has some milk but all are constipated and not responding to regular remedies. How to treat?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Just poor mild production
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She seems to feell fine and no pain The current problems is the constipation of the pups (they are being bottle fed every 2 hours
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zaney 5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zaney?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 12 days ago.

hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What normal remedies have you tried?

What might be normal for you to use might not be the same remedies others might use.

Did the constipation just start?

Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 7 days ago.

Hi. I never received a response. I'm assuming this is not an issue anymore. Do you have another question related to your pups I could answer for you. I've been breeding for over 20 years as well.