Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

What is the cost for this procedure and will he have to stay

Customer Question

What is the cost for this procedure and will he have to stay over night sense we are out of town
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

This all depends on the surgeon and area. Most vets will keep your sweet Winston overnight so they can keep him on IV antibiotics overnight and monitor his vitals after the procedure. In my clinic, this would cost around $500 but could be more if taken to a teaching or specialty hospital. Ask for an estimate prior to booking the procedure so you know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome! I am sure your sweet Winston will be fine...he is being cared for well and with you caring for him also, he is in great hands!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The answers to my question were very helpful and we have decided to make a appointment and have Winston check.
Thank you for your service it was very helpful